Become a pro at picking
ProFlow är ett oberoende konsultbolag som hjälper företag att utveckla och effektivisera sin materialhantering – och inte minst sitt orderplock.
ProFlow is an independent consulting firm that helps companies develop and efficiency their material handling – especially its order picking.
– The key to an efficient order picking is short distances between each pick, says the CEO of ProFlow, Tommy Högberg.
An efficient business requires a smooth logistics flow. This knows Tommy Höberg, CEO of ProFlow, a consulting company dealing with logistics and material handling.
By analyzing the customer’s business ProFlow develops suggestions of actions to improve the parts of logistics and warehousing – everything between control of purchasing and warehouse and distribution processes.
– To get the material handling to function optimally, a good IT system of logic is required and support for the work, as well as the right equipment at the warehouse, Tommy Högberg says.
The proper warehouse equipment is something Helge Nyberg AB can deliver, and the companies have repeatedly worked together to develop customized solutions for the customers.
– ProFlow is an independent consulting company, and we will always recommend the solutions that we believe is best for our customers. But our views when it comes to creating smooth logistics flows and cost effective warehouses, does often agree with Helge Nyberg, says Tommy Högberg.
The collaboration between ProFlow and Helge Nyberg has also resulted in a significantly improved order picking of e-commerce business Stayhard.
When it comes to order picking it’s important with solutions that saves time. It is the number of managed order lines per hour that counts, Tommy Högberg says.
– There are many factors that contribute of making the order picking more effective, but above all it is about short-distance transport of goods, he says.
– The order picking can be divided into two parts: the productive, physical picking, and the unproductive, when the goods are transported. It is important to minimize the time for unproductive work.
To increase the efficiency Tommy Högberg recommends a multiple order picking solution. Another tip is to place products bearing for how much they are in demand. That is, keeping the most requested products as accessible as possible.
– Many companies are already working in this way, but most of them have the potential to improve their warehousing even further. You can always do things better, says Tommy Högberg.
Helge Nyberg AB is an international company with sales of our truck and trolley concept in 60 countries. Our head office with production and development is in Ulricehamn, Sweden. Our trademark Ergobjörn® is developed by ourselves with focus on making life better and easier for our customers. We have created a knowledge which ensures a modern, stable and reliable quality.